Tuesday, June 14, 2011

reupholserting an ottoman

What a scary task.....I decided to tackle and really tackle the ottoman. 
I love it's shape and style but it really didn't go with the color scheme that I have taken on so....I told myself let's do this...time to quit being a chicken and get with it.. so here we go....
 I gave it the upper hand and said don't mess with me....it didn't dare
I told it let's straigthen up and let's get to work....  so I took out all the tacks......
now it's not tacky ha ha ha
then i said here we go sucka...so  i cut out some butcher paper and layed it on top of my fabric so that I could get everything in position...didn't want to ruin my fabric and was deathly terrified that I would totally screw up...
I had to make sure that I got the pattern just right...ahhh that part was a total pain
 I had some extra fabric and made some piping to give it a different look....

 here she is...not so scary after all
 the top part!  I got the upper hand after all

1 comment: