Thursday, July 7, 2011

choices...choices...

Lately I am having a very hard time trying to decide things....don't know what it is but hey if you can't beat them join them right?????  So I took matters into my own hands and went to work....

I cut some strips and went to work...
 yes as you can see I pinned them onto my lamp shade
 gray or...
 white??? you like how it's hanging off the side...funny eh???

 Well as you can see I had something on there
before and tried to take it off but it didn't come off to easy so while taking it off I made a hole on my lampshade...


as you can see I decided to go with white....how to make you may ask???
I took a white linen and cut into three inch strips and measured the length of my lamp shade...I knew I wanted a ruffled look so I left them a lot longer.  Then I used my sewing machine and put it on the longest stitch and sewed across then gathered by pulling the strings on top and bottom...make sense yet????  After making a million strips...okay so not a million but a thousand...hahaha then I used my hot glue gun and went to work.  Hey a least I covered the hole I made in my lamp shade and now have some cute and ruffely lamp shades.
I am glad that I took the risk as they turned out so cute and I have had so many wonderful compliments on them...so thanks to all for your help and encouragement...you guys keep me going and make my day!!!!! So here is to you..you're the best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment