Thursday, March 1, 2012

THE ROCK STAR lunch box

About  a month ago our oldest switched schools.  No it wasn't planned and no we didn't hate his old school infact we were quite in love with it...so why the change???
That is a question I asked myself for about a week while making the decision.... our answer we had an amazing oppourtunity and we took it. I am ever so glad we did and haven't looked back once...so at our old school they didn't have back packs and so my son had an over the shoulder lunch box that I LOVED...but with taking back packs to school now it just wasn't going to cut it.  Due to the change of schools we had to buy all new supplies and uniforms...can I just tell you how much I LOVE uniforms....ok so is it going to be a white...red...or blue shirt today??? and would you like blue or khaki pants to go with that???  It truly is this mothers dream come true...So when looking for a lunch box  I didn't want to spend a ton...as I already had on everything else so I wen to Down East and found this AWESOME lunch box.....only my son's name isn't David.  He did have a grandpa named David but that's another story for another day...So when I saw that David...the lunch box was only $3.00...it was a now brainer.

.
 I thought I could just unpick the name....um----yeah not so much so the next best thing was
to pull out some fabric that I had and using the freezer stenciling technique I made his name and used some fabric paint and sponged it on....

 Once that was done I folded it down and sewed it onto his "ROCK STAR" lunchbox!!!!  His name is all shiny and metallic...teeeheee....
Now he has a rockin' new lunch box that fits inside of his Bobba Fett backpack. Killer deal espeically since it's a Pottery Barn Kids lunch box and was a whole lot more than $3.00...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome... I just gave a way some old uniform clothes this week. So miss that. Life was simple. Love, live the box. Wahoooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not live --- dang auto correct!

    ReplyDelete